
More than 1.4 billion people live in poverty so extreme that they can barely survive, and around 2.7 million people live less than $2 a day. These people lack basic needs like food, clothing, shelter clear drinking water, and socially they lack access to information, health care , education and political power.
Did you know, more than 800 million people go to bed hungry every night. Those living in poverty, I personally feel that their health, is very important as this causes physical and health problems. If I were in their shoes, I guess I would have felt really sad, just thinking that I'm living a life like that.
Proving my point, I just came across a short film, (Chicken Ala Carte) which was awarded at the Berlin International Film Festival in the year 2006. This film was known as the most popular short film and gave out a very strong message. This is a true story and it will touch many hearts! To see the film, go to http://www.cultureunplugged.com/play/1081/Chicken-a-la-Carte
I think one way we can help is by donating clothes that we don't wear and toys that we don't use to these children instead of throwing it away! but also we need to donate some food and hopefully make homes for these people!